Millions of tourists from around the world are coming each year to visit the main attractions of Berchtesgaden – Lake Konigsee, Kelsteinhaus (Eagle Nest) and off course hiking in National park. However, not all knows that Berchtesgaden has a lot to offer his visitors in a winter time. That is why we want to share with you precisely about winter leisure activities in the region.
Almost all ski resorts are guaranteed snow throughout the winter through modern snow-making systems
- Ca. 60 km ski run
- For cross-country skiers there are about 100 km of groomed classic trails and some skater trails. You can also rent cross-country skis, for example at the Aschauerweiher.
- Snowshoe trekking and ski tours.
- For hiking load about 120 km of cleared winter hiking trails.
- Winter fun also offers toboggan runs, such as Hirscheckblitz, Obersalzbergrodelbahn and natural toboggan runs.
- Ice skating in the hall or on frozen lakes, as well as curling.
- Jenner for experienced skiers ( 8 km from the Hotel)
- Götschen in Bischofswiesen (10 km from the Hotel)
- Fun-Ski-Arena Obersalzberg ( 5 km from the Hotel)
- Hochschwarzeck in Ramsau ( 12 km from the Hotel)
- Rossfeld ( 8 km from the Hotel) – connected with the ski area Zinken in Austria
- Tines on the Dürrnberg ( 12 km from the Hotel) – connected with the ski area Rossfeld Schiverleih
Thermal Bath in Berchtesgaden
After your day winter experience, we recommend relaxing in Watzmanntherme. For more information visit:
Salzheilstollen – einzigartig in Westeuropa
You can also visit Salt mine. Relax and recover from everyday stress. According to people who visited the Heilstollen in Berchtesgaden, he caused a lasting improvement in allergies, asthma, bronchitis, rheumatism and other complaints. A visit to the Heilstollen in Berchtesgaden leads to relaxation and helps with stress reduction. The visitors are driven by a small electric train in the Salzheilstollen.
As noted by the Institute of Medical Balneology and Climatology at the University of Munich, the healing lug has an anti-allergic, mucolytic and antispasmodic effect as well as anti-inflammatory to the respiratory tract.
For more information: